College Access Program
College Access Program
Our College Access Program provides opportunity. A college education not only opens the door towards economic success, it directly influences one’s health and socioeconomic status and the outcomes that future generations will achieve. We empower teens in a city geography where few teens go to college to become first-generation college students. We directly help teens fulfill their potential and gain a better life with the College Access Program.
Make a commitment to your future with BGCM College Access Program
- Up to $2000 for college scholarships, based on two-years of participation*
- Guidance in selecting and applying to college
- Help with financial aid and scholarship applications
- Mentorship to support the student
- ACT & SAT preparation
Boys & Girls Clubs of Mercer County has run this program to create access to higher education for many years. Take advantage of our experience with our College Access Program. Contact our Teen Director, Ajeane at email@example.com 609-695-6060 x223
*Specific student commitments required and rules apply
How does the BGCM support teens in the College Access Program?
Our teen services department supports the College Access Program. Staff, often with the help of volunteers, helps students achieve success in this program by:
- Assisting students with enrolling in 6-8 colleges that best suit their academic and financial status.
- Assisting students with FAFSA applications and college financial aid applications
- Providing career counseling, internship experience, & part-time job placement
- Offering core Math & Language Arts support so that students pass college placement tests
- Providing programming to enable students to make informed choices and achieve goals
If you’re interested in supporting our college access program, financially or through volunteering or mentoring, please contact Ajeane at firstname.lastname@example.org. We welcome community involvement to support our youth obtaining post-secondary education and changing lives.
College, Career & Job Fair 2021
Don't forget to view our College, Career & Job Fair 2021. While the live fair is over, all the documents and contact info from the participating colleges, including several HBCU's, are still available thorugh summer 2021. Click here to register and then access the web app or download the mobile app.
This template controls the elements:
FOOTER: Footer Title, Footer Descriptions
* This message is only visible in administrative mode