College Access Program
College Access Program
Our College Access Program provides opportunity. A college education not only opens the door towards economic success, it directly influences one’s health and socioeconomic status and the outcomes that future generations will achieve. We empower teens in a city geography where few teens go to college to become first-generation college students. We directly help teens fulfill their potential and gain a better life with the College Access Program.
Make a commitment to your future with BGCM College Access Program
- Up to $2000 for college scholarships, based on two-years of participation*
- Guidance in selecting and applying to college
- Help with financial aid and scholarship applications
- Mentorship to support the student
- ACT & SAT preparation
Boys & Girls Clubs of Mercer County has run this program to create access to higher education for many years. Take advantage of our experience with our College Access Program. Contact our College & Career Director, Fatima Scipio at email@example.com or calling 609-695-6060 ext. 242.
*Specific student commitments required and rules apply
How do we support teens in the College Access Program?
Our College Access Program runs all year to support area High School students to
- Explore the types of colleges that fit their needs/preferences
- Develop their school list for applying
- Learn how to apply for college and the requirements
- Complete essays, student’s application and develop references
- Offer guiidance for financial aid & scholarship applications
- Assist with submitting FAFSA, college and scholarship applications
Our College & Career staff work with students to develop their college pathway plan depending on their grade level. Each student’s plan has tasks for them to complete in each grade. The program provides counseling for college opportunities. It provides a guide for college readiness and results in higher education access.Students who complete this program are guaranteed acceptance to at least one college.
The College Access Program involves*
- College & Business Tours
- Classroom Instruction
- 1:1 mentoring
The program occurs Tuesdays & Thursdays 4:00-5:00 pm
To Register download this teen membership application and return to Fatima Scipio at firstname.lastname@example.org
*Students may qualify for Boys & Girls College Scholarship for $500 for each year of participation in the College Access Program. teen services department supports the College Access Program.
We welcome community involvement to support our youth obtaining post-secondary education and changing lives. If you’re interested in supporting our college access program, financially or through volunteering or mentoring, please contact Fatima Scipio at email@example.com or calling 609-695-6060 ext. 242.
College, Career & Job Fair Coming October 21, 2021
Watch for it!
This template controls the elements:
FOOTER: Footer Title, Footer Descriptions
* This message is only visible in administrative mode